By INDU SUBAIYA & FARZAD MOSTASHARI
Following the launch of the COVID-19 Symptom Data Challenge on September 1st, we are excited to host a dedicated webinar providing further insights into the Challenge directly from key leaders representing our partner organizations at Facebook Data for Good, the Delphi Group at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), the Joint Program on Survey Methodology at the University of Maryland (UMD), the Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy, and Resolve to Save Lives, an initiative of Vital Strategies.
A stellar line up of speakers includes a raft of former government officials Mark McClellan (FDA & CMA), Tom Frieden (CDC), Farzad Mostashari (ONC) and many more, including Johns Hopkins’ Professor Caitlin Rivers, Carnegie Mellon’s Alex Reinhart & Facebook’s Head of Health Kang-Xing Jin.
If you are applying to the Challenge or would like to hear more about experts’ responses to COVID-19 and the importance of data during the pandemic, you do not want to miss this conversation!
- We will be discussing the following
- Shortcomings of the existing tools for COVID-19 surveillance in the US
- The case for better situational awareness of COVID activity
- Overview of Symptom Data survey methodology
- Preliminary analyses relating symptom trends to COVID intensity
- Goals and operation of the Symptom Data Challenge
Tune in on Tuesday, September 8th at 1-2pm ET!
Event Registration Link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6102626394063911951
Indu Subaiya is President of Catalyst @ Health 2.0. Farzad Mostashari is CEO of Aledade and Chair of the COVID-19 Symptom Data Challenge