looking for someone with media experience, but who is also savvy in the ways of
start ups. Great comp and even better working environment. We are located in
SOMA area of SF, just off Embarcadero and almost under the lights of AT&T
Ball park where Giants play.
Healthline is a fast growing, top ten-ranked online health information
service. Having recently closed a large financing round, Healthline is
further positioned for significant market expansion. You will join a
very experienced executive team comprised of technology, healthcare,
marketing and Web 2.0 experts. Healthline is backed by world leading
companies, VantagePoint Venture Partners, Reed Elsevier, and others. If
you are looking for the career opportunity that will grow your
financial leadership skills and position you for significant career
advancement, then we want to hear from you.
Our office is located in San Francisco, one block from Cal Train, at 3rd and Townsend, near AT&T Park.
To apply, send your updated resume and well thought out cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vice President of Finance is a key member of the company’s
Executive Team and will possess strong interpersonal skills, and be
approachable from all levels of our company.
Reporting to the President & COO, the position manages the
financial planning & analysis, accounting, internal and external
financial reporting, and general administrative (including stock option
administration, customer contract management/tracking, tax
administration, and some HR) functions in the company. In addition to
being a great financial thinker, the right person has good people
management and communication skills.
The right person brings direct knowledge of and experience from the
Internet marketplace. He or she understands various online revenue
models, including advertising and variable licensing or revenue sharing
structures. Knowledge of various Internet financial and traffic metric
reporting systems is a must. Experience with online publishing and
content licensing is also a plus.
General responsibilities include: generating insightful financial
analysis on the company’s products and key business drivers; assuring
high quality of financial controls and systems; delivering highly
accurate, timely internal and external financial reporting; and
managing tax compliance and planning. This position will have a major
impact on the business strategy and will own the business model. The VP
of Finance will play a key role in financing, strategy, cash flow
management, and investor relations and will have frequent contact with
the company’s Board of Directors.
• Experience in Internet-focused companies or business units of large companies
• Proven analytical and strategic thinking
• Exceptional business modeling and analysis skills
• Strong accounting skills, CPA a plus
• Knowledgeable about technology service contracts and able to
provide detailed input with respect to revenue-recognition
• Experience in both small and large corporations
• Experience with running the budgeting process and in providing meaningful analysis of actual results vs. plan
• Financing experience (VC, Corporate) including equity and debt deals
• Multi-task and work on a broad range of situations
• Manage administrative functions including stock option administration, personnel, facilities
• Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, approachable from all levels of the organization
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA a plus
Apply if you can meet and exceed these qualifications by sending us
a detailed cover letter and resume to Peyton Stein (email@example.com.)
Please mention the THCB job board in your reply.
- Local candidates only, no relocation (San Francisco Bay Area).
Job ID: 323823