A.D.A.M., Inc. is a leading provider of health information and benefits technology solutions to healthcare organizations, employers, consumers, and educational institutions. A.D.A.M.’s portfolio of products includes its award-winning Health Illustrated Encyclopedia and Benergy™, the leading benefits communication and healthcare decision support platform for small and mid-sized employers. A.D.A.M. content and technology solutions equip consumers to better understand their health, wellness and benefits, while helping healthcare organizations and employers reduce the costs of healthcare and benefits administration.
The position of Vice President of Healthcare Marketing will be focused on the product marketing, pricing, positioning and sales lead generation for A.D.A.M.’s content and applications for the healthcare and consumer portal target markets. In collaboration with other key stakeholders, you will be responsible for defining differentiated product marketing strategies for each of A.D.A.M.’s target industry markets as well as for our major distribution partners. Our ideal candidate will be measured by the ability to create an enhanced value proposition and competitive differentiation for our products and services, ability to increase A.D.A.M.’s brand awareness, and increased revenue as a result of successful marketing programs to drive leads. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and is based in Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and implement go-to-market integrated marketing plans, including sales training, marketing launch strategy and materials and client communications for A.D.A.M.’s healthcare content and applications business. Target markets include healthcare providers (hospitals and hospital systems), consumer Internet portals, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare IT vendors (such as electronic medical record vendors) and other markets that may be identified.
- Research and evaluate market opportunities, product and partnership development opportunities. Work collaboratively with other key stakeholders (such as Sales) to establish product strategy and pricing and analyzing potential partnerships and strategic opportunities.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing programs for our channel and reseller partners.
- Thoroughly analyze and understand the competition for each product and create product marketing strategies that will continually re-define A.D.A.M. as the market leader.
- Translate market and competitive analysis for use by sales and product development.
- Define and manage the external communications of the strategic marketing messages, including oversight of the public relations functions (relating to content services), development of white papers, trade shows and industry conferences, that will raise A.D.A.M.’s profile within its respective industries.
- Develop and continually refine outreach marketing programs to drive incremental sales opportunities. Use of traditional print and direct mail campaigns as well as creative use of Internet technologies (such as social computing, online viral marketing, blogs etc.) will be required.
- Provide superior internal communications of status and progress on all marketing activities to executive management and other stakeholders.
- Lead a team of other marketing professionals.
- Travel approximately 2-5 days a month.
- 8+ years of marketing experience within healthcare, or at a consultancy or outsourcer serving the healthcare marketplace.
- Proven track record of understanding the dynamic markets of healthcare relating to health and wellness, payer and provider strategies and translating that into successful sales growth and market adoption and penetration.
- History of growing sales through effective marketing programs.
- Deep knowledge of healthcare (especially consumer-directed healthcare trends, Health 2.0 and Web 2.0, plan design and products that will drive successful CDH plans), including disease and care management, and the health technology marketplace. Knowledge of the employer market relating to corporate health and wellness, benefits and HR, a strong plus.
- Ability to drive all aspects of marketing programs from inception to completion. Direct experience in managing external communication programs such as PR and conference management.
- Proven leader with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong technical understanding of Internet and Web 2.0 technologies and new media applications that can be applied to creative marketing efforts such as social computing, podcasting and vidcasting.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, hands-on, and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- BA/BS degree required. MBA preferred.
Interested candidates should reply to email@example.com with VP Mkting – HC in subject line